Saturday, March 20, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

June of 2009, I had another scan. I was called in immediately to the doctor (who by the way has a bed side manner of a gruff) who told us "it's not good, but I want to send you to M.D. Anderson in Houston and see if they can do anything for you." My husband, sister and I made reservations and went. Wasted trip - all they know is chemo and radiation. Well, it wasn't all wasted - we went to Galveston. That was fun.

Came back home and began praying about what to do. They had told me even if I did the chemo it would come back. Well, I wasn't wanting to go thru that again. Jim and I began praying about what to do, and God, thru my Sunday School teacher, gave me a DVD about curing cancer by eating the way God designed us to eat. Jim and I both felt this was the answer we were looking for. Praise God! I began on the diet immediately. That was August 2009. I began to feel energized!. Some friends and family members thought I was crazy for not going the conventional way and they told me so. But God kept reassuring me what I was doing was right. Praise God!

I want to back up to that Houston trip: My wonderful friends in Christ at my wonderful church took up a special offering for us so we could go on the trip. It was all paid for and more. God loves me so much. He provides all my needs.

By November I was feeling something in my neck and became scared that the cancer had spread to my throat. I didn't know what else it could be. Thru my sister a doctor's name came up who does IV's of oxidation and ascorbate. I went to see him and he started the IV's - one a week - alternating each week. In December he suggested I have another PET scan to see if what we were doing was doing any good. In the meantime he did blood work. The blood work came back good. It showed my cholesterol and liver enzymes (I have Hep C and the liver enzymes have never been in the normal range in 13 years since I found out I had it) were in the normal range after being high. And my thyroid was high . THAT WAS WHY MY NECK FELT WEIRD! He put me on some natural-type thyroid medicine and it's better now. Anyway, I did the PET scan and PRAISE GOD, it showed the cancer going away. No new cells, of the ones I had, some were gone and they ones left were smaller than before. Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment