Saturday, March 20, 2010

The "Big C" doesn't scare me!

The "Big C" doesn't scare me. I have heard people call cancer the "big c" but for me the Big C is Christ. He is the author and finisher of my faith! :)

This blog is going to be about my journey after finding out I had cancer in January 2008.

On my dad's birthday January 16, 2008 I had an appointment with my surgeon about pains I was still having after having a hernia operation. He had gone back in the same area to see what it might be two days before. He called me into his office and told my husband and I that the lymph node was positive for cancer. It turns out that it was anal carcinoma (same thing Farrah had). He referred me to a doctor and she made up a treatment plan which involved 6 weeks of radiation in my pelvic and rectal area and 2 weeks of chemo thru a pack I had to wear on my waist.

The radiation was gruelling to my bottom if you can imagine. But, the pet scan I had the following June showed no more cancer cells. (PET scans show hot spots if there is cancer.)

I thanked my God for helping me and healing me and for keeping me strong in my mind.

The next December I had another scan and showed a couple of spots but they thought it was inflamation. No worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment